The Stirling Engine G is a transparent Stirling engine for quantitative investigations of the Stirling cycle!
• Run as a heat engine, heat pump or refrigerator
• Measure temperature, pressure, volume and RPM
• Record pV diagrams
• Show conversion of mechanical energy to electrical energy
• Recessed temperature measurement sockets
• Light barrier on flywheel
• Connection for pressure measurements
• Includes string to measure the stroke of the power piston and determine volume
• Displacement cylinder and piston made of heat resistant glass
• Power cylinder, flywheel and gearbox cover make of acrylic glass
• Includes integrated engine generator and alcohol burner!
The integrated engine generator has a two stage belt pulley and is equipped with a switchover option for operating an integrated lamp or external loads, or feeding electrical energy for operation as a heat pump or refrigerator.
Refer also to experiment UE2060250.
Power of the Stirling engine: 1.5 W
Idling speed: 1000 rpm
Flywheel: 140 mm dia.
Power cylinder: 25 mm dia.
Stroke of the power piston: 24 mm
Gas volume: 32 cm³ – 44 cm³
Motor generator unit: max. 12 V DC
Belt pulley: two stage (30 mm dia., 19 mm dia.)